Monday, October 20, 2008

Vitamin String Quartet

When I introduced my Paramore Tangerine Sky board I briefly touched on the awesomeness that is the Vitamin String Quartet.

Basically, it is a record label which gathers talented string musicians and releases their renditions of popular songs. They focus mostly on punk and indie rock, which makes them perfect for offbeat processionals everywhere.

I clicked my way on over to their Modern Wedding Collection (which is a major steal btw) after falling in love with Paramore's "Hallelujah" on So You Think You Can Dance. Jade used an awesome version of "Just Like Heaven," which you can find on this collection, in her own ceremony.

I love what they have to say in their blurb (via vitaminrecords.com): "Was Wagner playing during your first kiss? Did you hear Mendelssohn when he popped the question? No. Why would you want to hear them on your wedding day?"

Love it.

Here are a few of my favorite wedding fodder tracks: (clicky the linky ones for a listen- all availible on iTunes, natch)

Beatiful Day- U2
Across the Sea- Weezer
Everlong- Foo Fighters
Ohio is for Lovers- Hawthorne Heights
The Leaving Song Pt 2- AFI (When I played this one, Boy said, "Ooh! AFI!")
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional
Imagine- John Lennon
The Remembrance Ballad- Atreyu

I could go on for hours, but I'll leave that to you. So go ahead! Surf on over and listen to the song snippits. Comment with your favorites and how you could use them. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

No comments: