Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chaper Four: We were... and still are Penn State

Boy and I took a trip to PSU this weekend, where we met each other and most of our friends. Where we spent countless night studying, partying, and cheering. Where we found home.

So... a bit of a special place.

When I was a junior, I took summer classes to pick up a minor and ended up banquet serving at Penn State's swanky college-owned hotel: The Nittany Lion Inn. It was a hotspot for alumni weddings, so I got to see a lot of lions tie the knot. There were both big and small weddings, but all of them were undenyably Penn State.

What would that look like for me? Well:




What do you think? I couldn't leave out the apple green, basic blue and white just seemed too, well, basic.

Oh I don't know. I like everything about this board, all of the pieces on their own were great. And I was totally in love with the idea of a Penn State wedding. But for some reason, this just isn't working for me.

Anyone else experience an idea that doesn't live up to your expecations? Have an early love for something that seems like only lust after you spend the night with it?

2 comments:

Crys said...

Oh my gosh!! I love it! It's perfectly Penn State but has that snap of apple green to make it unusual and unique but still not weird. Sorry it's not working for you! I think it's fantastic. :)

nittanysam said...

Hey, I'll take the compliment any day! It's this kind of thing that makes me want to keep boarding though. I'll be very sad to leave it when I have to start actually planning. Maybe I just won't!