Squee! (no, not the one you were hoping for. I'll let you know, I promise.)
I'm a blogdork, really I am. So imagine my sqeeness when I got a comment last week from E&E over at the hilarious and awesome I Hate Planning My Wedding. The idea that one of the bloggers I have followed since I started reading about wedding schtuff reads my schtuff, even periodically, is really flippin cool. Unlike that phrase.
Seriously though, she writes about the wedding process like a real person, rather than someone in a fantasy world of crinoline and taffeta. Her honesty and humor are always one of the high points of my day, so I light up when I see a new post from her in my blogroll. If you don't know her, waste some time at work by starting from the beginning of her story.
Obviously then, I was stoked when yesterday she passed along a nomination for an Uber Amazing Blog Award and tagged me to share a bit more about myself. Awesomeness.
Here are the rules:
1) Link back to the fabulousness that tagged you and list the rules on your blog, natch.
2) Spill 7 random facts about yourself.
3) Tag others, cause that's how the game of tag works.
4) Comment to let them know they've been tagged.
So here are 7 fun facts or things you never needed/wanted to know about Sezzy:
1) I am a Harry Potter freak still in shock over the moving of the release date of HBP. I am so freakish that I acutally used to pen a regular column over at Mugglenet. Yes, incredibly dorky, I know. Haven't we already established my geekdom?
2) I am afraid of the dark. Not just a little bit, like I'd rather not sleep in the woods; I mean full-on terrified. I refuse to take the trash out at night and will run at top speed back to the apartment if I'm forced to go outside when it's dark. I turn all of the lights in the house on as I go from room to room, causing continual annoyance and hilarity for Boy. Apparently watching me scramble to get to a light switch is hysterical. I'm also tragically uncoordinated (ala Tonks) and often fall down during said light switch scrambles.
3) Sezzy is a nickname. My real name is incredibly boring, plain, (and tall- haha) and I spent most of my childhood going by various nicknames because I hated it so much. Now I am called by Miss Lastname for most of the day by my students. I am blatantly coveting Boy's last name.
4) I love to watch kid's tv shows. I could sit for hours in front of Jimmy Neutron and Fairly OddParents. I'm aware of how pathetic it is, and I don't care.
5) I don't know my times tables. Seriously. Remember all of the moving I told you about? My times tables were a casualty of that. My old school hadn't taught them yet, and my new school already moved on to division. I have tried to learn them countless times, but apparently I missed the window.
6) I met Howie Mendel when I was little while waiting in line to see Lucy the Elephant at the Jersey Shore. He was very nice.
7) I know all of the words to Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life," and once sang them on a bus tour of Europe while accopanied by Ukelele. True Story.
(Cue "The more you know" theme jingle)
So now you know. The secret life of someone who is no where near coordinated enough to ever be a bee. I nomitag: (Yeah, I can do that.)
Drunky McGamblingproblem Loves You,
A Stepford Wedding,
and Schiver's Big Blog of Annoyances.
Meet the Parents: Leaving a Good Impression
36 minutes ago