Friday, February 13, 2009

Want.

So, now that we have our reception space, I need to come to terms with a couple of things.

It is, as I said, quite basic and will need a lot of gussying up to look fancy. One of the things that I loved about the NLI ballroom was its beautiful chandelier.

Which leads me to my current problem.

Chandelier envy.

I don't know if it's even possible to rent a chandelier in the State College area, or if I can purchase one on the cheap at an antique store to fix up and later have in the foyer of our home. But I want one.
Take this one, for instance. She's totally rustic, but still delicate. Not our wedding style, but still beautiful.



This is a very modern and totally awesome design by jGoodDesign. Love it, but not quite right for permanent use. It would be great for a wedding with a modern industrial feel.


But what I really lust after is something like this girl here. She is ornate and princessy and does not care who knows it.

Like I said. Want.

2 comments:

Miss Del said...

I loooooove that chandelier! I want one.

Anonymous said...

A thought...

I know you said that you wanted to do your own flowers... With a venue that is a blank slate, it is a HUGE help to have a florist. Many also are fantastic with interior design and even can provide special lighting. We had intelligent lighting and up lighting at our reception...best money we spent!!!!