Friday, February 27, 2009

Fatty McBridebutt

Between my family (which includes Boy) and I, this is the nickname of the devil bride who floats above my shoulder and tells me to eat a sleeve of thin mints.

She tells me that girl scout cookies are so yummy. Oh, and since I skipped breakfast at the house, I should totally swing by McDonald's.

Thankfully, she is being thwarted by the angel bride on the other shoulder. She's not skinny. She's not a size two. She is me, looking hott, in the size I should be.

I know that many brides go all out about bridal fitness, trying to squeeze into a size they really aren't. I haven't been a size two since I got hips in eleventh grade. And I shouldn't be.

But I would be lying to you guys if I said that I didn't want to be a bit more svelt.

So, what to do? My first step has been cutting out fast food. It's yummy, for sure, but it's definitely not good for me. I'm one of those Catholics who only participates in Lent (yay, hypocrisy!) so I gave up FF for Lent. That extra bit of guilt and pressure will hopefully be just what I need.

I'm going to be going on a big eating binge on Saturday though, at the first bridesmaid's lunch! I am so excited that I can barely contain myself. And I simply cannot wait to hear their opinions on a bridesmaid vs groomsmen rivalry... those boys are sooo going down!

On that note, I think we should split the ushers 50/50 to keep things fair, in which case I totally call Hags for team bride. I mean, his FW is a bridesmaid after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to start a wedding blog once on wedding by color. There is almost entirely different language for wedding blogs. All those acronyms... Anyway, my attempt failed. quickly.