Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Humming the Beatles

So, before I get really started, I want to express my shock that I had not yet managed to watch Across the Universe until last week, despite being fully aware of its inevitable awesomeness. I am shocked. How could I have let such crazy goodness sit on my bluray shelf? Shame.

I've been humming the Prudence version of "I want to hold your hand" for days and days, and I can't wait to do an Across the Universe themed board. However, my school year has finally started, and the kids merit my attention. Sigh.

When I was first messing around with Polyvore (haha, that sounds dirty), I made this board, which I refer to as a vintage hipster wedding:



The thing in the bottom right corner that is blocked by the logo is a pocket watch, which I think is a really awesome little touch. In many ways, I like the little touches in weddings the best. Of course, there are huge dramatic things like the centerpieces and the song you walk down the aisle to, but there are also so many little details that you may barely pick up on or not notice at all. Those are the things that I imagine brides put their time into-- the little touches that are nods to family traditions or inside jokes.

It is clearly for people far cooler than I am, but I love it. As you probably have noticed, I have a bit of a fedora fetish at the moment. Having never seen any Indiana Jones movies, I have no idea where this could have come from. I'm also fairly certain that Boy would look ridiculous in a fedora. Oh well. It's a good thing that I'm not planning my own wedding yet!

End Note: This post took way more time than it should have because I am apparently an HTML idiot. Trust me, it was a completely obvious mistake that befuddled me for a good half hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that DRESS! So wispy and romantic! And you are only as cool as you want to be. You could pull this off, trust me. :)

And oh yeah.. Across the Universe is awesome. Our recessional was "I Just Saw A Face" from the bowling alley scene and the strawberry logo was sort of the inspiration for our monogram.. :D Good stuff!

nittanysam said...

I know... I've tried looking at other dresses and I'm certain that this one broods in jealousy as I do it.